***USS Team members are already registered***
Read below for Plan Pull information:
We are looking forward to STL Day on the Runway and we hope you are too. Below is information on parking options for the event and some general reminders. Please share this important information with your team members.
Waivers and Team Registration
· As the team captain you are responsible for collecting all of your teams FedEx waivers and turning them in at event registration by the large FedEx plane the day of the event.
· Only the team captain or designee should register their team and pick up any t-shirts available the day of the event. We will not register individual participants. You can turn in money the day of the event.
· Your entire team must be present in order to enter into the plane pull line up. You can register your team early, but will not enter the plane pull process until everyone is present.
· If your team is interested in participating to compete in our lowest weight category, your team will be weighed in at the time of registration.
· If you or your team mates registered after April 2 at noon, you are not guaranteed to receive a shirt the day of the event. Shirts will be ordered after the event for those registered after April 2 at noon.
· Please contact Stacey at email@example.com to set your scheduled pull time if you have not already done so. Right now there are times available between 11:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
Information to share with your team:
Parking is FREE and will be located at the following locations. Special thanks to Boeing and bioMérieux for providing these options:
· 5775 Campus Parkway, Hazelwood, MO 63042
· 5690 Campus Parkway, Hazelwood, MO 63042
· Plan to arrive at least one hour before your estimated time to participate in events.
· Buses will provide transportation from parking lots to the event site
· All bags and persons are subject to search at the event entry gate
· THE FOLLOWING IS NOT ALLOWED ON AIRPORT PROPERTY:
o Outside food or drinks (unless for infants)
o Alcohol or alcohol consumption
o Weapons of any kind
o Bikes, stake boards, roller blades, hover boards, Segway’s, drones, etc.
· The only animals allowed at STL Day on the Runway are service animals with proper documentation
· Smoking is allowed in designated areas only outside of the event gate
Family Festival Activities Include:
· Kids Tow Truck Pull (ages 6 to 11)
· Bounce Houses
· Rock Climbing Wall
· Food Trucks
· Bocce and other games with Special Olympics Missouri athletes
· The Bubble Bus
· Face Painting
· Static Displays
· And More!
Anticipated Agenda for STL day on the Runway:
7:00 a.m. – Parking lots are open and buses begin running people from lots to event site
8:45 a.m. – Opening Ceremony on main stage within the Family Festival, with SOMO athlete signing the National Anthem, Honor Guard and more!
9:00 a.m. - 5K, Plane Pull and Family Festival activities begin
9:45 a.m. – Special Olympics Dance Team performs on main stage
9:50 a.m. – 5K Overall Winner Awards presented
10:00 a.m. – DJ Shiftee from New York provides entertainment on the main stage
12:00 p.m. – Big Rain Band provides entertainment on the main stage
2:45 p.m. – Estimated time for Plane Pull awards to begin
3:00 p.m. – Estimated time for event activities to end